Thursday, June 6, 2013

+++ UPFEST 2013 +++









Really enjoyed painting at Upfest this year! Amazing event with over 300 artists painting, walls, boards, vans, trains, whole buildings, drawing comps, giant consequences games! Really chuffed to be involved in such a great event alongside some fantastic artists.

For my piece I wanted to make the most of the small scale I was painting on and the time I had so used a technique I have been using on canvas's recently where I use 'mod podge' to transfer my illustrations onto the board over a background. Interesting technique to use over the weekend as it involves pasting the drawing on face down, then leaving for a few hours to transfer, then washing the paper off with water. Layered up the illustrations a few times and rubbed them off with a sourer to give the effect of posters and graffiti being layered and worn on the street.  weknow x

https://www.facebook.com/Upfest.Bristol

No comments:

Post a Comment